Re: Configuration file for Intel D2500CC mini-ITX board

Hello Jean!

On Wed, 29 May 2013 17:05:47 +0200
Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > [...]
> >
> > Vcore is special. I noticed that it changes with SpeedStep (for
> > example on D2800). However D2500 does not have SpeedStep. It is
> > constantly on 1.19V. In case of D2800 for example it varies
> > between 0.85V and 1.07V depending on the load.
> > What would you recommend for min/max?
>
> As it depends on the CPU it is hard to say. The user will have to
> adjust them anyway so I'll leave the values above.

I have read the relevant parts from the Intel Atom Datasheet and I
believe now I figured out what should be the limits.

Table 4-30 from the "Intel Atom Processor D2000 and N2000 Series
Datasheet, Vol. 1" contains two voltage specifications
<http://www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/atom-d2000-n2000-vol-1-datasheet.pdf>:

 VCC_HFM:
  - Vcc at Highest Frequency Mode (HFM)
  - Range 0.91V - 1.21V, depending on the calibrated individual
    voltage identification value (VID)

 VCC_LFM: only for CPUs with SpeedStep feature
  - Vcc at Lowest Frequency Mode (LFM)
  - Range 0.70/0.75 - 0.90V, depending on VID

The Intel D2500CC mini-ITX board has an Intel Atom D2500 soldered on
it which lacks the SpeedStep technology, so one can say that the proper
Vcore limits for this specific mainboard are:

label   in0            "Vcore"
set     in0_min        0.91
set     in0_max        1.21

Can you fix this on the Wiki page?