pwmconfig acpi vs. hwmon, no fancontrol config

The pwmconfig doesn't find the fan device but I can echo commands
to get the cpu fan to stop and start.  Haven't been able to do anything
with the chassis fan.

When I run pwmconfig it reports "no correlation" and I don't get
a fancontrol cfg file. I edited the pwmconfig to look at acpi first
instead of hwmon and there's no difference.

The w83l786g seems to have some kind of watchdog on it as well but
not sure what this means. But while I was trying to sort out the fans
the system crashed. I found that the watchdog detected something and
decided to reboot. I am going to build a 3.9.4 kernel for the watchdog
issue but I don't think it's related to fan problems.