ITE IT8518E supported in coreboot, helpful?

This controller is giving people some trouble, as it is shipped in more and more laptops [1] and the fans can become quite annoying in these systems.

In the past it was said that the main problem was the lack of a datasheet from ITE [2]. Recently there has been progress from the coreboot projects getting the info for quanta firmware on IT8518 [3]. Can this particular file help with the lack of specs or it depends on other factors?
http://review.coreboot.org/gitweb?p=coreboot.git;a=blob;f=src/ec/quanta/it8518/acpi/ec.asl;h=7549fa283da69b9b1fca8589b1fc7f59fd30f7a4;hb=7e568559634199668859b7c662aea7f6b41f3920

In my particular case, I have a noisy clevo p150em. I can help providing testing and perhaps developing - just looking at the code of other modules, it87, it seems to me I could give a hand beyond testing.

Thanks

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=154462
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/laptop/486412-cpu-cooler-runs-almost-constantly.html
http://www.linuxmint-fr.org/forum/systeme/145143-ventilateur-qui-tournent-a-fond-no-pwm-capable-sensor-modules.html