Re: k10temp

No. It's not always a crappy sensor.

The temperature reported is not absolute temperature. It's a control
temperature normalized to 70 degrees meaning max temp.

And the accuracy is such that its most accurate near "70" degrees and
may be less accurate further away. But given the intended use of this
sensor (to monitor and keep the "temperature" below "70" degrees) that
in-accuracy away from that target is not an issue.

It should be used to verify your cooling solution is working as
intended. It is much more accurate for this purpose than the
motherboard sensors which may not be on the CPU die and are not
calibrated by the CPU manufacturer to help you. If you want to
minimize fan speeds, you can dial them down as long as the k10
"temperature" is below 70

The datasheets are very clear on this.

Phil P.

--