Re: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

	Hmm.  Ok, that may explain the behavior of the PCI sensor I reported
in the subsequent message.  Perhaps the temperature needs to be higher
before the sensor is stable?  The actual temperature is about 45°C according
to an IR thermometer.

> > What about the temp1 and temp2 sensors on it87?
>
> You can try putting some load on the CPU to see if any of these
> correspond to the CPU temperature (it would rise faster.)

	Well, I tried that, but both temp1 readings soar.  OTOH, I did not
notice the it87 temp1 reading going up when I shut off the Coolant fan.
With all 8 cores running greater than 25% and two of them running more than
50%, the it87 temp1 is running around 51°C and the k10temp temp1 is about
41°C.  I'll shut down the server in a few minutes and see what the BIOS
reports.

> > 	Additionally, there are 5 fans on this machine (actually, one is a
> > pump, but the MB doesn't know that), and all 5 are spinning and attached
> > the motherboard sensors.  The `sensors` command is only reporting three,
> and
> > one of those is said to be stalled.  'Any ideas how I can fix the fan1
> > report and access the other fans?
>
> No idea. Some boards use multiplexing for that but I am not aware of
> Asus doing that.

	That might tend to explain the sensor reports jumping about as I
reported

> Do you see all fan speeds in the BIOS? If you do, and go from the BIOS

	As I recall, yes.  A couple of them were off the chart, however.  I
presumed it indicated a bad divisor.

> to Linux directly (assuming the system support that), does it help

	I don't understand what you mean.  Do you mean bypassing GRUB?