Re: Patching help

Thank you so much for your detailed replies and assistance.

Jean,
zgrep I2C_PIIX4 /proc/config.gz
reports no such file or directory; on my server, /proc exists but /config.gz isn't within it.
I think it looks like the combination of the HP N40L with Ubuntu isn't presently supported by LM Sensors yet, due to Debian not being supported by the SMBus multiplexing driver.

Simon

On 29 August 2012 18:29, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:03:14 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 06:47:38PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> [ ... ]
> >
> > Presumably you refer to:
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-i2c&m=133033220527043&w=2
> > (At least I think this is the latest version of the patch... Not sure.)
> >
> [ ... ]
>
> > I hope to find some time to finally review the patch in question so
> > that it can get upstream and things just work for users out of the box.
> > But I am just back from vacation with a lot of stuff in my mailbox so
> > it will take some time before I get there.
> >
> Unfortunately, the patch no longer applies. The driver was since modified to add
> support for a second "aux" SMBus port, and that conflicts with the four ports
> supported on the sb800.

OK, I'll ask the author to rebase and resubmit then.

--
Jean Delvare