Re: CPU fan with full speed

If I understand the code and the data sheet correectly, this attribute
is a bit map used to map a temperature source to one or multiple fans.
I was just about to fire-up a question regarding that point! My pwm3_auto_channels_pwm has a value of 4 and I was a bit baffled why 4 and not 3 - the above explains it very well.

Related to this query: as part of my censors setup, I have 3 different temperature monitors which supply reading for my CPU. 2 of them are in hwmon0/device/tempX_input (Intel's own coretemp module, X=2,3) and one of them is part of my f71882fg chip-supported reading: hwmon1/device/temp1_input. There are 2 Intel readings, because the CPU is multi-core.

Now, the f71882fg CPU reading is a bit off. What I mean by that is that it shows temperature which is between 3-7 degrees cooler than the Intel's own (coretemp) readings. Is there a way (via pwm1_auto_channels_pwm perhaps) to force f71882fg to take the coretemp reading into account instead of using its own?

I tried to "cheat" by executing "ln -s /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp2_input /sysclass/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp4_input" but that didn't work - I get "No such file or directory" error. I cannot write anything to that hwmon1/device directory. Is there any way of pointing my f71882fg driver to read the 2 Intel temperatures temperatures instead of using its own, not very accurate reading?