Nuvoton W83677HG-I/W83676HG-I

I have an ASRock board that uses a newer Nuvoton W83677HG-I Super I/O chip. I would like to help develop (or get help developing) a set of drivers for this chip. It is similar to previous versions of Nuvoton chips like the W83627 series. I found the sensor drivers from Guenter Roeck (Thank You) that are intended for the W83627 series. I was hoping to build on these, but I don't know enough about how kernel modules work to proceed.

The manufacturer was helpful in providing documentation for this chip, the W83627UHG, and the W83627DHG-P. Comparing the devices, I noticed that many of the data formats and I/O methods are the same, So I hope that my new chip can be added in fairly easily.

I have experience writing in C, but most of programming my practice has been in writing programs to process data stored in files. Device I/O is a new field for me. Any suggestions on how to proceed, and good sources for information on developing a module for this chip would be appreciated. Thank you.

--
Lee Burchett
zaknafien13@xxxxxxxxx