Re: lm-sensors and Kernel driver w83627ehf

On 08/02/2012 15:49, Guenter Roeck wrote:
Ubuntu 11.10 is not a LTS release. [...] There seems to be
some magic in deciding which kernel releases are going to be LTS, my
predictions usually turn out to be wrong, and I gave up trying.
The 3.0 branch is flagged as a LTS version in archlinux. Knowing their way to do thing and to prefer vanilla packages, the 3.0 kernel is a long term support version I guess (at least only candidate for bug fixes and security patches).

For the ubuntu version, you are probably right, and one shouldn't care about ubuntu in particular I guess. But as it concerns the LTS support, it could be nice if hwmon drivers could be stable and not broken at each security and bugfixes update of the kernel. As well, I wonder if you plan to follow this new development guideline.

Thanks to you.

See you later.

David