Re: lm-sensors and Kernel driver w83627ehf

On 08/02/2012 15:11, Guenter Roeck wrote:
The latest Ubuntu 11.10 kernel is 3.0.0-15, so it is not that old.
Not sure how they count version numbers, if the Ubuntu folks even
take the latest upstream kernel, or if they maintain their own
independent set of patches. I am running 3.0.0-15 on one of my home
systems, and I have -12 as well as -14 installed as well. My laptop
at work currently runs -14. All are working fine. So I think it is
unlikely to be related to the kernel version
3.0.0 is designed to be a LTS (long time support) release as well as this ubuntu version I guess. It means that it should only include security fixes and bug fixes, and that this kernel will be officially supported a long time. That's why many distro and users rely on it as the strong and resilient kernel which should not break things along with the updates.