To: "emilio" <e_defranco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "LM Sensors" <lm-sensors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 11:12 AM
Subject: Re:  kernel 2.6.32 i2c-isa w83781d via686a

Hi Emilio,

Please keep the list Cc'd for the interest of other readers (which
might then turn into helpers.)

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:57:41 +0100, e_defranco wrote:
thank you very much for your very fast and very accurate info. I am very
gratefull to you ... I have spend my weekend to try to get lm-sensor working
again.

I have applied what you suggest me and all working now !!!

You're welcome :) I had the same problem on my old Asus A7V133-C one
year ago.

In this moment I have installed old 2.10.8 of lm-sensors (yes, I know, I am
very lazy ... but i promise: update again to 3.3.1 in the next day) and I
have copied my old sensors.conf in /etc (without, the negative voltage are
not correct).

I have read that for new version 3.3.1 is sufficient put the part of old
sensors.conf that working for the hardware in /etc/sensors.d ... is correct
??

Yes, this is correct. For performance reasons if nothing else, avoid
copying the old very large default configuration file we had. Instead,
copy only the specific configuration section you need to a separate
configuration file.

If no, how I must convert the old file ? sensors-conf-convert
/etc/sensors.conf ??

Assuming you have saved the relevant part of your old configuration
file to /tmp/sensors-Asus-A7V.conf.old, you'd do:

# sensors-conf-convert < /tmp/sensors-Asus-A7V.conf.old > /etc/sensors.d/sensors-Asus-A7V.conf

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html