Re: kernel 2.6.32 i2c-isa w83781d via686a

Hi Emilio,

Please keep the list Cc'd for the interest of other readers (which
might then turn into helpers.)

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:57:41 +0100, e_defranco wrote:
> thank you very much for your very fast and very accurate info. I am very
> gratefull to you ... I have spend my weekend to try to get lm-sensor working
> again.
>
> I have applied what you suggest me and all working now !!!

You're welcome :) I had the same problem on my old Asus A7V133-C one
year ago.

> In this moment I have installed old 2.10.8 of lm-sensors (yes, I know, I am
> very lazy ... but i promise: update again to 3.3.1 in the next day) and I
> have copied my old sensors.conf in /etc (without, the negative voltage are
> not correct).
>
> I have read that for new version 3.3.1 is sufficient put the part of old
> sensors.conf that working for the hardware in /etc/sensors.d ... is correct
> ??

Yes, this is correct. For performance reasons if nothing else, avoid
copying the old very large default configuration file we had. Instead,
copy only the specific configuration section you need to a separate
configuration file.

> If no, how I must convert the old file ? sensors-conf-convert
> /etc/sensors.conf ??

Assuming you have saved the relevant part of your old configuration
file to /tmp/sensors-Asus-A7V.conf.old, you'd do:

# sensors-conf-convert < /tmp/sensors-Asus-A7V.conf.old > /etc/sensors.d/sensors-Asus-A7V.conf

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html