Re: How to get patches and build with them?

On 02/12/11 12:51, Jean Delvare wrote:
>> After installing to /usr/local the following symlink was required to
>> > allow GKrellM to start:
>> >
>> > ln -s /usr/local/lib/libsensors.so.4 /usr/lib64/libsensors.so.4
> This can probably be avoided by passing LIBDIR=/usr/local/lib64 to
> make, and adding /usr/local/lib64 to /etc/ld.so.conf if it's not
> already there. Alternatively, just adding /usr/local/lib
> to /etc/ld.so.conf should work too.

Thanks for the advice, Jean :)

The advantage of the symlink technique is that it replaces the
lm_sensors libsensors.so.4 as installed by Slackware so, if the 3.3.1
installation is every replaced by a Slackware package, the available
libsensors.so.4 will automatically be changed.

BTW I forgot to mention that the dos2unix step was unnecessary because
patch strips the DOS-isms.

Best

Charles