Re: Where are all the sensors?

On 7/6/2011 4:04 AM, Jean Delvare wrote:
Hi Luca,

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:48:43 +0200, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Jeff Rickman<jrickman@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Luca, would that modified F71882FG driver (from ~June last year) be
useful/helpful here? In my case it was a F71862FG chip where ACPI claimed
the ports but DSDT suggested something to you. I guess it really depends on
the DSDT code. BTW, I still use that modified driver on that Jetway NC92-330
board and it still works fine even with Fedora Core 15.

It was an ugly hack :) I modified the driver to access the hwmon chip
using the methods exposed by the firmware instead of letting the
driver touch the chip directly. Unfortunately the hack is very board
specific...

I still have to test this approach on a Jetway board of mine with a
Fintek F71805F chip.

Why do you say this is ugly? Of course it is vendor specific (or even
board specific) but so is the asus_atk0110 driver. Wouldn't it be a
proper way to deal with the ACPI resource conflict at least on the
Jetway boards, and maybe others? If it works then I can't really see a
reason to not do it, can you? It seems preferable to
acpi_enforce_resources=lax people are using at the moment, at least.

If a "modified" F71805 driver appeared I would be happy to test it. I think my Jetway board (J7F4 series) is different from Jean's board.