Re: sensors.conf for Sapphire Pure Fusion Mini E350 motherboard

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, Jean Delvare wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 02:31:14 +0200 (CEST), tux99 wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I just wanted to contribute my sensors.conf for the Sapphire Pure Fusion
> > Mini E350 motherboard. I'm quite confident about the accuracy of the
> > config, I spent a fair amount of time verifying each bit.
> > I also posted this here:
> > http://scientificlinuxforum.org/index.php?showtopic=415
> >
> > #----------------------------------
> > # lm-sensors config for Sapphire Pure Fusion Mini E350 board
> >
> > chip "f71808e-*"
> >
> >    label  in0  "VCC  +3.3V"
> >    # E-350 Vcore range is ~ 0.5V-1.35V (lowest idle state to max load)
> >    label  in1  "CPU  Vcore"
> >    ignore in2
> >    label  in3  "DDR3 VDIMM"
> >    label  in4  "FCH  +1.1V"
> >    label  in5  "PCIe +1.8V"
> >    label  in7  "3VSB +3.3V"
> >    label  in8  "VBAT +3.0V"
> >
> >    compute in0  @*2, @/2
> >    compute in3 (@ * 1.465), (@ / 1.465)
>
> This is surprising. DDR3 would be +1.5V, which fits on 8 bit with a 8
> mV ADC, so no scaling should be needed. Do you have a reason to believe
> that DDR3 voltage is actually monitored on your system?

I agree it's surprising but to the best of my knowledge it's correct.
If you look at the mobo manual [1] (page 25) it has a screenshot of the
BIOS H/W monitor page, the order matches exactly the in0-in8 order in my
config. Since all other inputs can be verified in other ways, the BIOS
order seems to exactly reflect the in0-in8 order and therefore in3 must
be VDIMM just like the fourth entry on the BIOS screen is.

The F71808E manual [2] seems to indicate also that VIN3 should be used
for VDIMM.

I got the multiplier (1.465) by comparing the BIOS read-out on my mobo
with the unmultiplied lm-sensors output on my mobo.

As a side note in2 appears as +1V in the BIOS screenshot of the manual
but has been removed from the latest BIOS release that my mobo is
running, therefore I have ignored it too.

[1] http://eu2.sapphiretech.com/archive/gm/drivers/E350M1_User_Manual_V1_634333870684900000.1.zip
[2] http://www.fintek.com.tw/files/productfiles/F71808E_V0.21P.pdf