Re: pmbus driver

Hi Guenter,

sorry for the delayed reply from my end.

Right now I am under the constraint where I cannot share the datasheet. But yes, the datasheet is going be out very soon. I shall update u about the same

Can the pmbus driver be used to set output voltage from another driver in the kernel space itself. what I understood about the pmbus driver is that it is meant for monitoring and controlling. at my end if the monitoring is being done by another entity(voltage regulator) and the controlling only needs to be done by the PMIC then how do I go about? say I just want to use VOUT_TRIM command.

is there any sample implementation where I can see how the pmbus api's are called ?

Regards,
Vivek

On 9 June 2011 18:49, Guenter Roeck <guenter.roeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Vivek,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 07:58:03AM -0400, Vivek Bardia wrote:
> Hi Guenter,
>
> I do not know if this is the right way to ask you about PMBus driver
> implementation done by you. Do direct me to the right forum if not.

The lm-sensors mailing list would be the best place to ask, but this will do.
I am copying the list.

> If a PMIC just has one temperature die sensor only, it does not support PAGE
> and PHASE commands, and is just a PMBus based buck controller; then does the
> driver written by you support such a hardware.

The driver supports BMR45x, which are the same type of controller. So, yes, the driver
should work. Just give it a try. If the generic driver doesn't work, you (or I)
can write a little front-end driver to tell the PMBus core driver which registers are
supported. Worst case the driver may need some patches, but that is unlikely.

Do you have a datasheet ?

Thanks,
Guenter