Re: pmbus driver

Hi Vivek,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 07:58:03AM -0400, Vivek Bardia wrote:
> Hi Guenter,
>
> I do not know if this is the right way to ask you about PMBus driver
> implementation done by you. Do direct me to the right forum if not.

The lm-sensors mailing list would be the best place to ask, but this will do.
I am copying the list.

> If a PMIC just has one temperature die sensor only, it does not support PAGE
> and PHASE commands, and is just a PMBus based buck controller; then does the
> driver written by you support such a hardware.

The driver supports BMR45x, which are the same type of controller. So, yes, the driver
should work. Just give it a try. If the generic driver doesn't work, you (or I)
can write a little front-end driver to tell the PMBus core driver which registers are
supported. Worst case the driver may need some patches, but that is unlikely.

Do you have a datasheet ?

Thanks,
Guenter