Re: max1668 support revisited

Hi Guentor.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have attached a patch for your approval.

> The easiest way to proceed would be for you to read and follow the guidelines
> in Documentation/hwmon/submitting-patches; this would also save us a lot of time.

I have tried to follow the guidelines as best I can. I still have
checkpatch errors and warnings for:
*  do not use assignment in if condition
* consider using kstrto* in preference to simple_strtol
I notices that other drivers do the same thing so I figured it may be okay.

> Browsing through the code, you have forward declarations, your formatting is a off,
> you have undocumented ABI attributes (temp_fault_open, temp_fault_alarm), you have a
> deprecated ABI attribute (alarms), you generate ABI attributes for non-existing sensors
> on MAX1805, you don't check for error returns from i2c functions, and your detect
> function (even though only if debug is enabled) is noisy. The detect function reads
> status and config registers but does not use the results.
>
> The usage of temp_max and temp_min is inconsistent. You set it to the temperature
> in degrees C in the set functions, yet convert it to milli-degrees C when reading it.
> For that I would recommend to keep all the stored values in degrees C and multiply
> with 1000 when displaying temperatures.

These problems should all be fixed. It turns out adm1021 wasn't such a
good reference.

I await your further feedback.

Regards,
David