Re: user question about how to load xeontemp

Hi all,

I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.35 (which corresponds to Ubuntu 10.10),
and I can now get the temperature readings from the Xeon cores. (I
still needed to load the coretemp module, but I think that was because
the /etc/modules file was not configured properly.)

In any case, thanks a lot for your help -- I got much faster responses
from this list than I expected.

This project was tremendously helpful in confirming that there was a
hardware problem with the CPU overheating (my mistake in assembling
the components). Thanks for working on it!

Best,
Jerry