Re: patch to sensor-detect script to support SMSC EMC1023

On 01/18/11 17:15, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 05:02:46PM -0500, Anish Patel wrote:
[ ... ]
Chip		Register 0xed
emc1043		0x0c .. 0x0f, 0x2c
emc1053		0x3c .. 0x3f
emc1063		0x30 .. 0x33

So I wonder if you might really have emc1043 on your board instead of
emc1023. Would that be possible ?
its possible, but i just found a spare CPU carrier card and looked at
it.  the IC is def a 1023.
I guess it is possible that i have fake/rebadged 1023.
Interesting. Should be easy to find out, though. emc1043 has register
0x04 with a default value of 0x09. That register does not exist on
emc1023 and should either return the previously read value or an error.
emc1043 also has registers 0x29 and 0x2a which don't exist on the
emc1023. Maybe you can use i2cdump to see what registers the chip
supports, and send the result to the list.

Thanks,
Guenter

here is the i2cdump for both ic's

its pretty strange, i have the dump of what seems to be a 1043, but the part is labeled 1023
link to imgshack ->   http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1006/20110118165728.jpg

Thought so. On the plus side, we can get support for four chips, not just one...

Guenter

i just sent of a req to the board vendor for the MNF PN and datasheet for that part, hopefully i get it tonight