Re: support for emc1023

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 01:33:52PM -0500, Anish Patel wrote:
> Hi all,
>      i've attached a patch for the sensors-detect script that will
> detect the SMSC EMC1023 smbus Thermal IC.
> also attached is a driver, please let me know if i did anything wrong in
> it or did not give anyone proper credit,
> I was the tmp401 driver for a framework.
>

> Regards,
> Anish

Hi,

please provide separate patches for sensors-detect and for the kernel driver.

For the kernel driver, please read Documentation/SubmittingDrivers,
Documentation/SubmitChecklist, and Documentation/CodingStyle, and make sure that
your patch follows the guidelines outlined in those documents.

Thanks,
Guenter