Re: Erratic value of MCH temp. (0C), while BIOS value correct (40C).

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 15:08 +0100, Luca Tettamanti wrote:

Hum, it appears to be a bug in the ACPI code, the method that reads
the temperature does not know how to read the MCH temperature which
would be HWT2 (the entry is present in the enumeration though):

Method (TGET, 1, NotSerialized)
{
    If (LEqual (Arg0, Zero))
    {
        Return (^^SIOR.HWT1 ())
    }

    If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
    {
        Return (^^SIOR.HWT0 ())
    }
}

To complicate things the firmware provides both the old and the new
ATK0110 interfaces, and the driver selects the old one. The new one
seems to have the code to read all the sensors. I'll see what I can
do.

Luca

Looking forward to your further findings.
Joris