Re: Nuvoton W83677HG-I

another request from me (intel dh57jg). ready for testing and for a small donation as well

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <lmsensors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I got an Intel DQ57TM motherboard, sensors-detect says it has

 ÂChip `Nuvoton W83677HG-I Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

for which there's no driver yet.

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices says there's been
only one request for it; for what it's worth, here's another.

I don't want it quite badly enough to donate a board for
the development (I might pitch in a small donation though),
but I'd be more than willing to help in testing &c.

I might even have a go at it myself, but I'd need a bit of
help to get started, most importantly: where does one get
specs for these things? Is it possible to get docs from
manufacturers (Nuvoton website doesn't look promising)
or is it just experimenting/guesswork based on other
maybe-similar older chips or does one have to reverse
engineer Windows drivers or what?

--
Tapani Tarvainen