Re: IT8721F fan control?

* Luca Tettamanti [2010-11-12 14:13]:
> The problem with the native driver is that it uses resources that are
> claimed by ACPI, which might be unsafe.

Hmm... How unsafe would it be? A crash once a year I wouldn't
mind much, frequent random memory corruption would be worse ;-)

* Jean Delvare [2010-11-12 19:03]:
> Can you please test the standalone driver at:
>   http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/misc/it87/
>
> It has fixed manual fan speed control for the IT8721F. Hopefully it
> works now...

Just tried the new version with no obvious change. pwmconfig still
doesn't seem to do anything. Also tried echo 1 > pwm[123]_enable;
echo 0 > pwm[123], which should have stopped the fans, right?

Thanks again!

Alexandros