via-cputemp: can't compile it

V3.2.0 sensors-detect told me that my VIA M800 Mini-ITX has a VIA
Nano thermal sensor.  Checked the lm-sensors.org wiki on Devices
as instructed.  For the indicated via-cputemp driver, my CentOS
5.5 kernel is just 2.6.18 so I'd need to make a kernel module;
got the Makefile and via-cputemp.c from the indicated site, but
can't compile it, no instructions, doing "make" in a directory
with those two files, I get a number of errors starting with:

via-cputemp.c: In function âvia_cputemp_probeâ:
via-cputemp.c:106: error: called object âcpu_dataâ is not a function

I already have the matching kernel-devel and kernel-headers
installed in the system.

Please tell me what I am missing in assumptions or environment
setup.

Also, in the main package, I noticed a "make install" grammar
error:

   ***  * As off lm-sensors 3.1.0, ...