Re: W38795ADG sensors.conf for SuperMicro C7X58/X8SAX

Hi Henrique,

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 23:41:01 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Please add this to the lm-sensors wiki, and any relevant userspace config
> files being shipped in lm-sensors userspace.

Thanks for your contribution.

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/SuperMicro/C7X58
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/SuperMicro/X8SAX

Just one question: what's the point of having a "w83627dhg-*" section
in the configuration file, given that you don't want to load the
w83627ehf driver in the first place, if it's useless on this board?

> The BIOS does not set the correct limits for VTT, but it is wired.

Why don't you set the limits in the configuration file then?

> I still haven't found how the PWM outputs are wired in this board, though,
> due to my mix of PWM and non-PWM fans I cannot enable fan control.

Note that I did not review that part of the driver yet, and I know
there are a few oddities there. The BIOS-defined automatic control
works OK on my board, but if you attempt to tweak it using the driver,
I can't guarantee it will work OK.

--
Jean Delvare