Re: Config file for Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H

Jean,

Sorry for the late response.  I based this off of a file called
sensors-Gigabyte-965P-DS3.conf taken from here:

http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/lm-sensors/sensors-Gigabyte-965P-DS3.conf

I found the reference here:

http://www.lm-sensors.org/ticket/2273

Sorry about the date, and not correcting the comment about scaling,
although I have to admit, scaling in0 is dubious.  I did it to make the
lm-sensor readings match the BIOS readings, but the BIOS reading is
somewhat high for an Athlon II X2 245 which should be 0.85 to 1.425 V
from the specs I can find on the web.  Thanks for also pointing out the
errors in setting the temp limits, I did bang this one out rather
quickly.  Plus, I'm still not sure exactly sure what components the
temps are really reading.

I've attached an updated file.

Glen

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 18:27 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Glen,
>
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:27:06 -0700, Glen wrote:
> > Here's a config file I worked up for the Gigabyte MA758GM-US2H.  It's
> > based off of one taken from your web site. This is NOT confirmed by
> > examination of the MB, just by observed readings.
>
> Out of curiosity, which configuration file did you start from?
>
> > # lm_sensors configuration file for the Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H motherboard
> > # 8-12-2010 G. Journeay <journeay@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Please follow ISO-8601 for dates, otherwise it's ambiguous. I read the
> above as December 8th, withe you certainly meant August 12th.
>
> > ### Voltages
> >
> >    label  in0  "Vcore"
> >    label  in1  "Vram"    # "DDR2" in BIOS
> >    label  in2  "+3.3V"
> >    label  in3  "+5V"     # Not in BIOS
> >    ignore in4
> >    ignore in5
> >    ignore in6
> >    label  in7  "+12V"
> >    label  in8  "Vbat"    # Not in BIOS
> >
> >    # Vcore, Vram, +3.3V and Vbat are connected directly, so no compute
> >    # line is needed for these. For +5V the chip is configured to use
> >    # internal scaling. For +12V the default resistors seem to have been
> >    # used.
> >    compute  in0  @ * (  3/10+1), @ / (  3/10+1)
>
> This is inconsistent. You just said that Vcore didn't need any scaling,
> yet you have a compute statement for Vcore. In all honestly, I would be
> very surprised if it were correct... Vcore is never scaled, it doesn't
> need to (it's way below the +4.08V limit.) How did you come up with it?
>
> >    compute  in3  @ * (6.8/10+1), @ / (6.8/10+1)
> >    compute  in7  @ * ( 45/10+1), @ / ( 45/10+1)
>
> > ### Temperatures
> >
> >    label  temp1  "CPU Temp"
> >    label  temp3  "NBr Temp"
> >    label  temp2  "MB Temp"
>
> Would be more intuitive to leave them in order.
>
> >    set temp1_min 0
> >    set temp1_max 60
> >    set temp2_min 0
> >    set temp3_max 50
> >    set temp3_min 0
> >    set temp3_max 50
>
> You're setting temp3_max twice, and you're never setting temp2_max.

# lm_sensors configuration file for the Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H motherboard
# 2010-8-12 G. Journeay <journeay@xxxxxxxxx>
# Comments welcome!

chip "it8718-*"

### Voltages

   label  in0  "Vcore"
   label  in1  "Vram"    # "DDR2" in BIOS
   label  in2  "+3.3V"
   label  in3  "+5V"     # Not in BIOS
   ignore in4
   ignore in5
   ignore in6
   label  in7  "+12V"
   label  in8  "Vbat"    # Not in BIOS

   # Vram, +3.3V and Vbat are connected directly, so no compute
   # line is needed for these. For +5V the chip is configured to use
   # internal scaling. For Vcore and +12, compute values derived from
   # comparison of BIOS values and raw readings from lm sensors.

   compute  in3  @ * (6.8/10+1), @ / (6.8/10+1)
   compute  in7  @ * ( 45/10+1), @ / ( 45/10+1)

   # The BIOS won't set any limit for voltages.

   set in0_min 0.85
   set in0_max 1.425
   set in1_min 1.8 * 0.95
   set in1_max 1.8 * 1.05