From: Gabriel C [mailto:nix.or.die@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:24 AM
To: Pearson, Scott
Cc: Mark M. Hoffman; lm-sensors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Intel(r) Quiet System Technology (QST) SDK Is Now Available...

Hi Scott,

I think in first place we need an HECI driver for Linux ?:)

There isn't any 'officially' HECI support for Linux at all. Last release from openamt is back in 2008 and broken
( and even patched up to work somewhat it does not support AMT 6.0 probably not even all of AMT 5 features )..

Last commit to openamts source tree is 17 months back and it seems any development on this stopped.(?)

Also 'heci' was in the staging tree of the kernel for a short time but since no-one from Intel cared it was removed.
See : http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/3/3

What is the status of the HECI driver(s) for Linux please ? I mean this situation is somewhat weird.. Now the SDK is there but the HECI driver(s) .. heh

> N. Scott Pearson
> S/W Architect, Intel Channel Boards Division (iCBD)
> PC Client Group (PCCG), Intel Architecture Group (IAG)
> Desk  503-696-7818   Cell    503-702-6412
> Fax   503-696-1015   E-Mail  scott.pearson@xxxxxxxxx

Best Regards,

Gabriel C