From: Mark M. Hoffman [mailto:mhoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 6:06 PM
To: Pearson, Scott
Cc: lm-sensors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Intel(r) Quiet System Technology (QST) SDK Is Now Available...

Hi Scott:

* Pearson, Scott <scott.pearson@xxxxxxxxx> [2010-03-08 15:23:18 -0700]:
>    In case you hadn't seen the notice, the open source release of the Intel�
>    Quiet System Technology (QST) SDK is now available. Go to
>    [1]http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Intel_Quiet_System_Technology_Software_Development_Kit/
>    to download both the SDK and the Programmer's Reference Manual (PRM)...

It was pointed out by an lm-sensors user earlier, yes; but thank you.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-quiet-system-technology-intel-qst-sdk-software-license/

I'm not a lawyer, but at a quick glance this does not look GPL compatible.
Thus, this release is of very little value to the developers on this list.

A dual license, with the second license being GPLv2 (or even BSD) would be
the most obvious way to address this problem.  I hope Intel will consider
modifying the license of this SDK so that lm-sensors devs can use it.

Thanks & regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx