Re: Fujitsu D2778 sensors

Hi Jean

Jean Delvare wrote:

> You are running a relatively old version of the script. It doesn't know
> of the latest FSC chips (Hades and Syleus). Please try again with the
> latest version of the script:
> http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/files/sensors-detect

Thanks a lot, it works, but still there are problems. May be you can
help me to figure out, where should I look next.

I updated lm_sensors to 3.1.2. It helps, sensors-detect can sometimes
detect and load fschmd. But after rebooting it does not work anymore.

I experimented a bit and found out, that fschmd module works only if it
is loaded even times and does not work if it is loaded odd times!

Here is what happened:

Module fschmd is loaded at boot time by lm_sensors initialization
script, but is not working, sensors command does not show values and
/sys/class/hwmon does not contain entries. If I remove fschmd with
command "rmmod fschmd" and load it second time with "modprobe fschmd",
it starts working (sensors command shows temperatures, fans speed and so
on). If I remove it with rmmod and load 3rd time, it does not work. If I
remove it and load 4th time, it works and so on.

So, I did it several times with same effect: 1st, 3rd, 5th time it does
not work, 2nd, 4th, 6th time it works.

I assume this has to be something with initialization, timing or
something like this in kernel driver fschmd.

I will try to do BIOS upgrade, see if it helps...
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov