Re: LPC47M192-NC Fans

Thanks! Yeah, I must have missed a step that step during this round.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Jean Delvare wrote:

Hi Sean,

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:19:44 -0500 (EST), Sean Fidler wrote:
Thanks for the updated driver.

I've run into a second issue: I have to manually insmod the smsc47m1.ko
file before I'm able to modprobe smsc47m1.

Previously, I used insmod once and the smsc47m1 module loaded properly
at boot.

I doubt it. insmod and modprobe do pretty much the same thing, except
that modprobe has some magic added. If you run "insmod ./smsc47m1.ko",
then a subsequent "modprobe smsc47m1" is a no-op: modprobe sees that the
module is already loaded and does nothing.

If you want to load the driver at boot time, you have 2 options:
1* Use insmod, with the full path to the new module file.
2* Copy the new module file over the old one in /lib/modules, and then
  you can call modprobe.

Maybe you did 2* last time, and don't remember the step where you
copied the module file around.

--
Jean Delvare

--