Re: ATK0110 breaks keyboard and mouse on asus p7p55d - i5-750

Am Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 17:15 schrieb Luca Tettamanti:

> [...]
>
>> in my situation: just a few minutes into a KDE session (doing nothing
>> extraordinary) first the mouse becomes unresponsive, and about 15 seconds
>> later also the keyboard (toggling num-lock does nothing). Both are
>> connected via PS. This has happened with 2.6.33-rc5 and rc6 as taken from
>> the opensuse repository. I was thinking that maybe the X-server is doing
>> something wrong, and for both kernels, I had renamed the module
>> "nouveau.ko" to something else (and also the libdrmnouveau files), and
>> the error has not yet come back (but I need more testing).
>> I don't know how this is related to the atk0110, but at least
>> sensors-detect finds some i2-c devices on the nvidia card (and can not do
>> much with them).
>
> atk0110 doesn't touch the bus directly, so there's no chance that it
> could mess with the nVidia card.
> Two things:
> - are you positive that removing atk0110 fixes the problem?
> - does it happen without X (i.e. from console)?

testing still goes on, and the results up to now are:
* with nouveau loaded, but atk0110 removed: lockup of keyboard and mouse,
  easily reproducible
* without noveau, but atk0110 loaded: lockup with same symptoms, but
  harder to reproduce

> > My board is a P7P55D, and I also obtain these deep temperatures:
> >
> > [...]
> > CPU Temperature: +32.5°C (high = +45.0°C, crit = +45.5°C)
> >  MB Temperature: +31.0°C (high = +45.0°C, crit = +46.0°C)
> > [...]
> >
> > Is there a chance to change the "high" and "crit" values to something
> > higher ? Because the chassis fan is extremely loud ...
>
> Nope; the values are set by the BIOS. Fan speed is also controlled by
> the BIOS (Q-FAN), try setting a different profile (like "Silent").

well, I have already chosen "Silent" (and I hear no difference).
And Windows 7 somehow can control the fans/sensors directly, bringing
the noise down to a much lower level ...

thanks,
Michael