Re: Application using i2c-imx.c

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:39:33 +0100, Javier Zugasti wrote:
> 2009/12/9 Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > You claim you'd use i2c-imx, how do you know? Did you actually build
> > that driver? If it is modular, did you load the module?  Which machine
> > model are you using? i2c-imx is a platform driver, so the i2c-imx
> > device must be instantiated explicitly by the machine init code.
>
> Well, in the I2C support from menuconfig I selected the following options:
>
> <*> I2C support --->
>       <*> I2C device interface
>               I2C Hardware Bus Support --->
>                    <*> IMX I2C interface
>
> Should I just select I2C support and then use sysfs as you suggested before?

No, this suggestion of mine was unrelated.

> Could this be the reason why my I2C adapter isn't instantiated?

No. If the driver is properly build in, then I suspect that the device
itself is missing. Just check in /sys/devices/platform/ if it's there
or not. If not then something's missing in your machine init data.

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html