Re: Help needed with lm-sensors & 9.10 & Asus M2N

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM, pepe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<pepe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've decided to write this e-mail, because most people who installed
> lm-sensors in 9.04 using synaptic can be affected with this change in 9.10
> (http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter3#Mysensorshavestoppedworkinginkernel2.6.31).
[...]
> 2. I have updated to 9.10 and I have all symtoms described in FAQ section.
>
> Now I'm quite confused. I don't know if I firstly have to uninstall last
> version of lm-sensors. Is there a PPA where I can get some .deb's for latest
> versions of lm-sensors? I also would like to know where I can pick sensord
> program, because if I install lm-sensors 3.1.1 from here
> (http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/releases/lm_sensors-3.1.1.tar.bz2), I
> also need sensord, but if I try from Synaptic, other version of lm-sensors
> is intended to install.
>
> So, please, Can I get a simple howto to put my lm-sensors to work again.

asus_atk0110 should work with your board (and is loaded
automatically). Fan control is not supported by the driver though, so
if you want that you must pass acpi_enforce_resources=lax on kernel
command line and blacklist asus_atk0110 module.

Luca