Help needed with lm-sensors & 9.10 & Asus M2N

Hi there,

I've decided to write this e-mail, because most people who installed lm-sensors in 9.04 using synaptic can be affected with this change in 9.10 (http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter3#Mysensorshavestoppedworkinginkernel2.6.31).

Please, feel free to ignore this mail if you consider that information provided in FAQ is enough to workaround.

My case is this:

1. I have a M2N Mobo with lm-sensors, sensord, installed from 9.04 perfectly. I have customized my .conf file to stop fans as I consider necessary and I was completely happy with this configuration, months ago.

2. I have updated to 9.10 and I have all symtoms described in FAQ section.

Now I'm quite confused. I don't know if I firstly have to uninstall last version of lm-sensors. Is there a PPA where I can get some .deb's for latest versions of lm-sensors? I also would like to know where I can pick sensord program, because if I install lm-sensors 3.1.1 from here (http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/releases/lm_sensors-3.1.1.tar.bz2), I also need sensord, but if I try from Synaptic, other version of lm-sensors is intended to install.

So, please, Can I get a simple howto to put my lm-sensors to work again.

Now, I have my temps (CPU but not MoBo, and HDD's) in my sensors panel.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
^_Pepe_^