asm58 (Mozart-2) driver for 2.6.30

On 06/28/2009 12:31 PM, Michael Lo?in wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I understand since there is no datasheet available for the asm58
> (Mozart-2) chip,
> it won't be officially supported by lm-sensors.
>
> Anyway, I ported the old driver by Rigel Freden found at
>
> http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2006-March/015735.html
>
> to the 2.6.30 kernel. So if anyone wants to get this chip working,
> just apply the attached kernel patch and update sensors3.conf
> with the asm58 section.
>
> This is a "works-for-me" patch, but I'd be interested in any adjustments or
> fixes that need to be done.

Hi,

Are you interested in maintaining this driver as part of the mainline kernel?

The fact that there is no datasheet does not mean the driver cannot go into the
mainline, it just means that it is hard to write a driver. Since that part is
already done, it can go in to the mainline if someone is willing to actively
maintain it (as needed, will probably not be a lot of work).

If you're interested in this I'll do a full review of the driver and get back to
you on this.

Regards,

Hans