weird oscillation in temp reading

Hi Jean,

Sorry for the late reply... I'm out of town for a while.

Yes, this phenomenon occurs for all eight cores on both Xeon processors.

The temperature reading is dumped every second by running "sensors" of
lm-sensors. My lm-sensor is configured to use "coretemp" kernel module
to get temperature readings.

My workload is a repetition of heavy computation for 400ms and then
idle for 600ms. So, overall the CPU utilization is 40%. The period of
oscillation showing in the graph is on the order of 10seconds,
definitely not because of my workload.

Thanks.
-Simon