ECS GeForce 6100 PM-M2 - labels/calculations

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:04:39 +0530, Charles wrote:
> cpu0_vid is (was?) not dynamic under the current lm-sensors implementation;
> the value shown is the value at start up.

Depends on the chip/driver. It's dynamic if read from regular registers
as other monitored values. It's the start up value if read from the
Super-I/O configuration space. The reason is that there is no
coordination between the various drivers which may access Super-I/O
configuration registers at the moment, so we don't want to access them
past initialization time. If we ever have proper locking protecting
Super-I/O register access then we can do dynamic readings on all
chips/drivers.

--
Jean Delvare