Intel DQ45CB motherboard and weird sensors output

Jean Delvare wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:20:05 +0100, Gabriel C wrote:
>> Gabriel C wrote:

>>> Thanks , I will test when I'm home and report back.
>> It does work for me , the new output is :

>> Probing for `National Semiconductor LM96000 or PC8374L'...  No
>>
>> Probing for `Winbond WPCD377I'...                           Yes
>>     (confidence 7, not a hardware monitoring chip)
>
> As expected. Thanks for reporting.
>
>> ..
>>
>> Jean it is possible these chips have something to do with Intel's QST ?
>
> No, they do not. The idea (as far as I understand it) is that these
> boards have Super-I/O chips with reduced features (no hardware
> monitoring) because the south bridge (ICH8+) has QST support. So you
> need AMT/QST support for hardware monitoring features.

Ah ok. I do have AMT ( heci linux driver ) but open source QST SDK is not yet released :/

However according to http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/manageability-software-development/topic/54851/reply/74068/
with an NDA one could get a copy of the SDK even yet.

Gabriel