Intel S5000 Server board, Ubuntu 8.10

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 04:00:10PM +0200, Rolf Bartels wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can help me.
>
> I am running a Intel Server board S5000 and Ubuntu 8.10.
> When I do my detect and at the end I get this.
>
> I have install OpenIPMI and ipmitools, but I am still only getting CPU temp and not any fan speed or MB temp.
>
> #----cut here----
> # You must also install and load the IPMI modules
> ipmi-si
> # Chip drivers
> # Warning: the required module ipmisensors is not currently installed
> # on your system. For status of 2.6 kernel ports check
> # http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices. If driver is built
> # into the kernel, or unavailable, comment out the following line.
> ipmisensors

The ipmisensors driver is an out-of-tree patch that's slowly bitrotting.
Your best bet, alas, is to load ipmi-si and ipmi-devintf and use
ipmitool to access the BMC sensors.

(If you're really really keen on coding something, the old patch still
lives here: http://bmcsensors-26.sourceforge.net/ )

--D