sensors-detect: testers wanted!

Hi all,

Over the past few days, I have been working a lot on sensors-detect. I
implemented ideas I had exposed months ago but did not have the time to
implement back then:

id	summary
2322	The probe order in sensors-detect doesn't make sense
2325	sensors-detect: Drop support for Linux 2.4
2327	sensors-detect: Fix the bus numbering prediction magic
2328	sensors-detect: Get the bus driver names from the kernel
2329	sensors-detect: Unload drivers which we loaded ourselves

I also made a huge amount of cleanups (including a complete
reindentation of the source code), reducing the size of the
sensors-detect script from 185 kB to roughly 145 kB.

With so many changes, both in functionality and implementation, I
expect some fallouts. I tested my work on several machines already, but
there are so many possible combinations of devices that it is rather
unlikely that I managed to get everything right.

So, I would like users to give a try to the latest version of
sensors-detect and report if it works fine for them or not. You can get
the latest version of sensors-detect using the following svn command:

svn export http://lm-sensors.org/svn/lm-sensors/branches/lm-sensors-3.0.0/prog/detect/sensors-detect

Alternatively, you can get a copy from trac:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/branches/lm-sensors-3.0.0/prog/detect/sensors-detect?format=txt

The behavior should be essentially the same as before, with the
difference that probes are done in reverse order (CPU, Super I/O, ISA,
SMBus), and ISA and SMBus probes default to no if a working Super I/O
was found (as was discussed on the list before [1].)

[1] http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2008-May/023056.html

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare