sensors-detect: testers wanted!

2008/12/3 Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> Over the past few days, I have been working a lot on sensors-detect. I
> implemented ideas I had exposed months ago but did not have the time to
> implement back then:
>
> id      summary
> 2322    The probe order in sensors-detect doesn't make sense
> 2325    sensors-detect: Drop support for Linux 2.4
> 2327    sensors-detect: Fix the bus numbering prediction magic
> 2328    sensors-detect: Get the bus driver names from the kernel
> 2329    sensors-detect: Unload drivers which we loaded ourselves
>
> I also made a huge amount of cleanups (including a complete
> reindentation of the source code), reducing the size of the
> sensors-detect script from 185 kB to roughly 145 kB.
>
> With so many changes, both in functionality and implementation, I
> expect some fallouts. I tested my work on several machines already, but
> there are so many possible combinations of devices that it is rather
> unlikely that I managed to get everything right.
>
> So, I would like users to give a try to the latest version of
> sensors-detect and report if it works fine for them or not. You can get
> the latest version of sensors-detect using the following svn command:
>
> svn export http://lm-sensors.org/svn/lm-sensors/branches/lm-sensors-3.0.0/prog/detect/sensors-detect
>
> Alternatively, you can get a copy from trac:
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/branches/lm-sensors-3.0.0/prog/detect/sensors-detect?format=txt
>
> The behavior should be essentially the same as before, with the
> difference that probes are done in reverse order (CPU, Super I/O, ISA,
> SMBus), and ISA and SMBus probes default to no if a working Super I/O
> was found (as was discussed on the list before [1].)
>
> [1] http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2008-May/023056.html
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Jean Delvare

Hi Jean,

Here is what I have with your version:

Driver `it87':
  * ISA bus, address 0xe80
    Chip `ITE IT8720F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `to-be-written':
  * Chip `AMD K10 thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

And here is what I had with the previous one:

Driver `it87' (should be inserted):
  Detects correctly:
  * ISA bus, address 0xe80
    Chip `ITE IT8720 Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `k8temp' (should be inserted):
  Detects correctly:
  * Chip `AMD K10 thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

I'm not 100% sur why I had a K8 before and a K10 with this new
version. I remember that I have apply a patch in the kernel to handle
Phenom internal sensors, but since this is kernel related, I think it
should have no impact on the sensors-detect script. I will try to
install and compile a brand next 2.6.27.7 kernel and retest.

JM