Asus atk0110 driver

Jean Delvare wrote:

> Hi Gabriel,
>
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:15:51 +0200, Gabriel C wrote:
>> I've tested the driver with linux-next on my P5E-VM DO motherboard.
>>
>> The driver seems to work , the values / data in  /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/*
>> seems to be the same like what the BIOS reports.
>>
>> However how do I get sensors to display the data from atk driver ?
>> I guess I have to patch lm-sensors ?
>
> For lm-sensors 2.10.x, yes, you'd need to patch libsensors and sensors
> and virtually every monitoring application out there.
>
> But the preferred solution is to just upgrade to lm-sensors 3.0.x,
> which automatically detects the device features, so every new driver is
> supported right away.

I've tested with 3.0.2 since 2.10* gave only a parse error.
Maybe is a problem with linux-next or something I'm missing in the config file ,
I will retest with linus tree soon.

>> Luca what do you think about creating  a proper patch for the driver too and send it over to
>> Greg to be included in his linux-staging tree ? I think that way it will get more testing.
>
> Don't know which Greg you're thinking of?

Greg Kroah-Hartman

>This is an ACPI-based
> hardware monitoring driver, so it would go to either the ACPI folks or
> (IMHO better) to the hwmon folks (i.e. the lm-sensors list). I agree
> that having a proper patch would be nice (but I also want to say that I
> will not have the time to review the driver myself.)

Yes sure but from what I understand linux-staging[1] tree holds not_yet__really_ready_to_merge
drivers , filesystems and such. I don't think it does matter it is an ACPI driver.

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/10/329