sensors.conf for the Supermicro PDSMi+

On Tue, 06 May 2008 16:55:05 +0200, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
>
> > * -12V compute formula. Where did you get yours? Mine gives a better
> >   value on my system (which doesn't mean it's correct, of course.)
>
> From a snippet of code sent by supermicro support, but it may have been
> a generic one or maybe even calid only for the X7DBE.
>
> I haven't tried your version, but mine seems a little low (in absolute
> value).

OTOH -12V isn't terribly useful these days as far as I know, so it
probably doesn't really matter.

> > * +5V and 5VSB compute formula. You cancel the 150 mV offset which the
> >   driver is adding on purpose. Why? Both values were OK on my system
> >   with the offset.
>
> Mmm, this one is even more mysterious (I did that in last august !),
> because I have two PDSMi+ running linux, and those 2 lines are in only
> one of the file ... I suspect a PIBKAC on my part, sorry.
>
> > * The connector for the 6th fan. I thought it was fan6 but you seem to
> >   believe it's fan7. My system only had 2 fans so I will trust you.
>
> Mine have 3 in a 1U, I suspect this is a leftover from the X7DBE.
>
> I'll check some more on my systems and update in the wiki.
>
> Also, maybe you should add a link to your files / the directory from the
> wiki...

It's a wiki and you have an account now ;) Feel free to add links to my
files or directory or even copy the contents to the wiki. I've not done
this due to a lack of time and also because I don't think that a wiki
is terribly convenient to download configuration files from, but if
someone thinks it's useful and wants to do the work, I have no
objection.

--
Jean Delvare