Modifying sensors-detect: add DMI support

Ivo Manca wrote:
> Hey Jean, Hans,
>
> As you both know, I've submitted some patches which add DMI support to
> lm-sensors quite a while ago. For reference, they can be found at:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.sensors/13793
>
> I believe the main reason these patches have not been included yet, is
> (besides the usual lack of time) the fact that there is not yet a
> website available. As discussed in this thread
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.sensors/14562 , Hans
> suggested using the wiki pages as a first version.
>
> Even though I would prefer a dedicated website, I now do believe that
> Hans is right, and modifying the wiki's and add DMI information to the
> configurations there, might be a good way to get 'the ball rolling'.
> Once it starts to get popular, we can switch to a dedicated website.
>
> I believe that making one is not too hard of a job (it's not rocket
> science after all..) and I've already made a begin for it. However, for
> the time being, I would rather spend my time on respinning and revising
> the previous patches and writing an (obviously) relative easy script
> that's able to walk through the wiki and fetch the configuration files
> from there.
>
> If it?s possible to add the needed information to these entries, I?m
> more than willing to get working on the mentioned parts
>
> For now, all I really need is the following information for the
> configurations:
> * needed modules
> * dmi information: system-manufacturer, system-product-name,
> system-version, baseboard-manufacturer, baseboard-product-name,
> baseboard-version,
>
> I suppose that should do it. I don?t really have a strong favor of how
> this information is added, but I would suggest it to be something like:
>
> # modprobe module1 parameter1 parameter2 parameter3
> # modprobe module2
> # system-manufacturer PCCHIPS

+1

I have dmi info for quite a few motherboards for which we already have cfg
files on the wiki, sitting in my mailbox, so if we can agree on a format to add
the DMI info (as comments) to the .cfg file snippets, then I'll add that asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans