Need Help, Ubutnu 7.1, Asus K8V-MX, AMD 3000+, Zalman CNPS7000A

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Martin Wegener wrote:
> Speedstepping works without I probelm (when Cool and Quiet support
> is activated in the bios)  I've installed the newest bios, but it
> didn't help me.  And my bios it self does not give the the
> possibility to control my CPU-fan speed (There is nothing like Q-fan).

Have you tried disabling or at least changing the speed and fan related
settings (like Cool and Quiet) in the BIOS to see if that affects
anything?  I am not sure how common this is, but maybe the BIOS and
lmsensors are fighting for control of the hardware.

Matt Roberds