adt7475 support status update?

Hi Matt,

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 04:54:59 -0600 (CST), Matt Roberds wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > We will have to update all the links on the wiki/Devices pages, and
> > ideally we would also update the references in the source code of all
> > related drivers.
>
> One one hand, it sucks to chase pointers when one of the pointers is bad
> or missing - see the general argument against sites like tinyurl.com.  On
> the other hand, it might avoid some work if it was possible to give URLs
> like http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices#ali-m1533 or
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices#ad-adt7475 in the source code.
> This way the links on the wiki could be kept up to date, which means they
> wouldn't *have* to be changed in the source code so often.

I am worried that this adds one more point of failure (on top of
requiring additional work, and I'm not even sure if trac supports
adding arbitrary anchors like that). For example, when we will move the
I2C bus driver information to a different page (or even plain drop it),
the links you suggested would no longer be valid. Even worse if we
move the whole website (this happened recently.)

Changes like the one we must do for Analog Devices are thankfully rare
enough that I don't think it's worth developing an infrastructure to
handle them. Also, Google should be able to catch up with the new
datasheet locations, so I guess that a developer really in need of the
datasheet would find it quickly even if our link is broken.

> > This is a non-trivial amount of work, volunteers are welcome.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but how does one edit the wiki?  I can't
> find the usual "edit this page" links.  Do you have to be a developer
> or otherwise have an account?

Yes, you need an account, otherwise we were receiving a lot of spam. If
you want an account to do some work on the wiki, just provide (in
private) the output of "htpasswd" (from the Apache httpd package) for
the login you want and I'll create an account for you.

--
Jean Delvare