SMSC Super I/O: unknown chip with ID 0x8902

Hi Juerg,

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:08:00 +0100, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
> Again, I'll take a look at the datasheets and if the chips are indeed
> compatible, I'll fix the dme1737 driver to support the sch5027. I
> don't have access to a test machine until next week, so it has to wait
> until then.

You may be interested in the following recipe then:

* Have Andrew send you a dump of his chip:
  i2cdump 0 0x2e b > sch5027.dump

* Download and run my i2c-stub-from-dump script on it:
  http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/i2c-tools/trunk/stub/i2c-stub-from-dump

  Syntax:
  i2c-stub-from-dump 0x2e sch5027.dump
  You'll need the "i2c-stub" kernel driver and the "i2cset" helper.

Then you have an emulated chip to play with. It should let you test things
like device detection, value register reads, etc.

It's always better to have a real device of course, but I still find
i2c-stub very helpful when I need to touch drivers for SMBus devices I
don't own.

--
Jean Delvare