PATCH: fix building of 3.0.0-rc3 on powerpc and other non-intel archs

Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:12:02 +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:16:32 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I just build 3.0.0-rc3 for Fedora's devel branch and it needs the attached
>>> patch to compile on powerpc.
>>>
>>> I've not committed this to svn as I'm not sure this is the best way todo this.
>> Good catch, thanks. I'd rather address the problem in the top Makefile:
>> there's no point in including prog/dump in the list of source
>> directories if we won't build anything there. So I'd suggest something
>> like:
>>
>> ifneq (,$(findstring $(MACHINE), i386 i486 i586 i686 x86_64))
>> SRCDIRS += prog/dump
>> endif
>>
>> in the top Makefile. Then you can even remove the architecture tests
>> in prog/dump/Module.mk, as they will be redundant, and clean up that
>> file a bit.
>
> Hans, if you are OK with my proposal, can you please give it a try on
> Fedora and then commit the fix to SVN? That's the only missing piece
> before I can release lm-sensors 3.0.0.

This was on my todo, I'm rather busy with all kinds a stuff atm. However I've
put it on the top of my todo now, a scratch build is building on the fedora
buildsys now (I don't have any ppc machines at home), once that has completed
successfully I'll commit the patch in the form you suggested to svn, if it
fails for some reason I'll report back here.

Regards,

Hans