What to use as prefix for TI TMP401 IC, ti_tmp401 or just tmp401?

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:47:56 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> As part of the linuxdriverproject:
>> http://linuxdriverproject.org
>>
>> I'm working on a TI TMP401 driver, but what should I use as prefix:
>> ti_tmp401 or just tmp401?
>
> Just tmp401, please.

I already figured as much in the mean time (after looking at the devices page
of the wiki), still thanks for the answer!

> Did you check first if the TMP401 was compatible with another device we
> already support? After a quick look, the register map reminds me those
> of the LM90/ADM1032 a lot. It would be worth checking that the TMP401
> device couldn't be supported by the lm90 driver by just adding the
> device and manufacturer ID...

I did, its indeed like the lm90, except that the local (on chip) temp sensor
registers all are 16 bits (split in a low and high reg) insetad of the 8 bits
of the lm90, which esp with all the special cases already in lm90.c seems like
enough of a divergence to me to warrant a new driver.

> Also, I suggest that you add detection for the TMP401 to sensors-detect
> right away. That's the best way to find early testers for your work.

Will do.

Regards,

Hans